1. What are duvet covers?
Duvet is a French word meaning dawn and it is a kind of bag filled with dawn, feathers, wool or any other natural stuffing. Duvet covers are usually known as comforter covers and their main purpose is to protect covers from dirt and dust and to keep them clean. These items are very easy to care for and simple to use. Duvet covers are useful because you can wash it with the sheets and pillowcases. This will keep duvet covers fresh as well and you don't have to worry if the kids spill juice on the duvet covers.
Duvet covers are very easy to put on and they are often produced in many different colors, designs and styles for everyone's taste. Colorful duvet covers will make your room more comfortable and pleasant place, especially for the kids. Duvet covers are economical option to change the look of your or your kid's room. Since the kid usually know what they want in their rooms and often change their minds according to what is trendy, colorful and designed duvet covers are ideal for them. Using duvet covers means not to invest a lot of money to do some changing in bedrooms. The regular duvet cover set is only consist of a duvet cover, a fitted sheet and two pillow shams (one for Twin), the down comforter is not included. The additional components or accessories shown in the photo are just for decorating purposes and are not available at this moment.
2. What does a duvet cover do?
Think of duvets as the blanket versions of pillows; they're essentially the filling to your bed comforter, which means that like pillows, they need covers to be complete. That's where duvet covers come in. After you've found the right duvet, you'll want to find a cover for it.
3. Are duvet covers available in different styles?
Duvet covers aren't just made in a wide range of different styles; they're made from all kinds of fabrics and colors as well. Whether you want a classic in cotton or something chic and modern in micro suede, you're sure to find a duvet cover to fit your style and taste.
4. Can I wash duvet covers?
Like pillowcases, the large majority of duvet covers are washable, which is convenient because duvets themselves are usually not. Before washing your duvet cover, make sure to check the washing instructions.
5. What sizes are duvet covers available in?
Duvet covers are manufactured in all bed sizes. From twins to kings and everything in between, you can find duvet covers for whatever size bed you seek to outfit.
6. What are some of the benefits of duvet covers?
One of the greatest benefits of duvet covers is the choices they provide to you. Once you own a duvet, changing its look is easier and more cost-effective than purchasing a new comforter. They also help save space, as several duvet covers can fit in the space taken by a single comforter. The time and energy saved by duvet covers in comparison to comforters is helpful as well.
7. How to put on a duvet cover?
Putting on a duvet cover is a fast, simple process, even though it may seem potentially troublesome. If you do it correctly, the duvet will lie flat inside the cover, free of wrinkles and bunching. All the process takes is some pulling and shaking; no tricky folding or awkward stuffing is necessary. Fasten the buttons or snaps, and your new duvet cover will be ready for plenty of use. Look below to learn precisely how to put on a duvet cover by yourself.
8. Putting on a Duvet Cover:
1) Spread out the duvet. Spread the duvet out on the bed, keeping the top corners within easy reach and the bottom opening nearest you. Use a duvet that matches the size of your comforter for the best fit.
2) Open the duvet cover. Open all duvet cover closures to ensure that no buttons pop during the process. Shake out the cover so that it's flat and free of most wrinkles. Most small wrinkles will wear out in a day of two of use.
3) Turn the duvet cover inside out. Turn the duvet cover completely inside out. Reaching up into the now inverted cover, grasp the corners from the inside. The cover should be bunched up around your arms.
4) Grab the duvet. Grab the top two corners of the duvet through the duvet cover. Holding them securely, lift the duvet up as high as possible and shake it downward, over the comforter.
5) Set it down. Carefully set the half-filled duvet down on a flat surface, being careful not to disrupt the already filled section. Pull the rest of the duvet cover down to cover the bottom of the comforter and fit the remaining two corners into the cover.
6) Put it on your bed. Position the duvet on your bed, straightening out any bunched sections along the edges. Fasten the bottom closures to finish.
* For best results, press the duvet cover before putting it on. This will make the process a lot easier and will yield a neater-looking product.
* If you have a feather or down comforter, shake the duvet lightly every day to distribute the comforter contents.
9. How to Maintain Luxury Duvet Covers?
One of the best things about luxury duvet covers is that they allow you to keep your duvets fresh and clean without much fuss. Of course, though luxury duvet covers protect duvets, they need to be protected as well. Fortunately, keeping luxury duvet covers clean and feeling great isn't as difficult as you might think. If you're wondering how, take a look at the following article to learn how to maintain luxury duvet covers.
10. Maintaining Luxury Duvet Covers:
1) Rotate often: The first step you can take in making sure your luxury duvet covers look and feel new over a long period of time is to have extras on hand. By keeping several duvet covers handy, you will be able to rotate them periodically. Rotating luxury duvet covers will keep them from wearing out too quickly. Plus, if you like to keep style fresh, as well, you'll be able to rotate designs, colors and patterns by having a variety of different duvet covers to choose from.
2) Figure out the fabric: Luxury duvet covers are available in a wide variety of fabrics, so it's important to figure out what yours are made of before washing them. Some fabrics are easy to clean and can be thrown into your washing machine with other laundry and dried normally, while others require a more delicate touch. Some luxury duvet covers may even need the special attention of a dry cleaner.
3) Look at the tag: Although knowing the type of fabric your luxury duvet covers are made of can be an easy way to determine how to wash them, it's smart to always check their tags to make sure they don't require any extra special care.
4) Air them out: One easy way to keep luxury duvet covers feeling and smelling fresh is to air them out. If you have a clothesline, hang your duvet covers up for a couple hours in the sun. The fresh air will help eliminate scents and odors, as well as dust and dander. If you don't have a clothesline, consider hanging your luxury duvet covers over a balcony railing or fence.